Boost understanding of your taxes in a jargon-free approach. Even if you have someone else prepare your returns, you are ultimately responsible for your taxes.
This book is a must-have for taxpayers who want to take advantage of the tax code, avoid tax mistakes, and dodge audit triggers. After reading this book, you will feel comfortable and competent in filing your taxes for the tax year 2021.
By following easy examples and visuals, you will quickly learn about the different credits and deductions, how the tax form 1040 calculates your refund or tax liability and how you can take advantage of the tax code going forward.
The book is organized into five sections: 1) Tax Challenges; 2) Frequent Tax Mistakes; 3) E-File Rejections for self-filers; 4) Audit Triggers and how to avoid them; 5) Resources for Taxpayers.
In this book, you'll learn:
- How to avoid typical tax mistakes
- Why you may want to file tax returns even if you are not required to
- How to file for free
- Which credit and deductions you can claim
- Why e-filing is the best option
- What credit do you need to claim missing stimulus payments
- How to understand and fix e-file rejections
- How to prevent IRS audit triggers
- Why should Schedule C filers be cautious?
- How to read IRS letters
- What is the fastest way to receive a refund
- How to check whether you can avoid the 10% penalty on withdrawal from a retirement plan
- How long do you have to file to claim a refund
- Why you should worry if you claim losses 3 years in a row?
- Whether your assistant is an independent contractor or an employee
- Why you should be cautious claiming 100% business use of one car
- Why refundable credits are most valuable benefits
By the end of the book, you'll discover:
- Why are taxes so hard for most people
- You don't need to pay a lot of money to file your taxes
- What are the most reliable and easy to understand sources for tax information
- You are more than able to understand your tax returns and tax forms
- That taxes can be explained in plain English without the jargon
Start learning now. Get yourself ahead of the crowd by taking charge of your financial future.
Gain confidence that you know your taxes when you sign your tax returns. It is not just about the knowledge... it's about taking advantage of the tax code and making most of your money.
Get your copy today!
Plus, you'll also get free instant access to a companion website full of bonus downloads, checklists, infographics, and other resources to help YOU with YOUR taxes.
A color pdf version of the book